holidays.

when you and the babys father are seperated and he gets visitation...how do the holidays work? whats standard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My hubby has every other holiday but we always have her on all the holidays except mothers day and christmas day.
    Anonymous

• so if its his holiday i cant see her at all? im gonna be so upset lol. i dont want to miss a christmas with my baby. im worried about christmas and halloween and also the fourth of july because the traffic is always horrible and hes such a bad driver and i dont want him to lose her. im going to have her in march so ill get the first christmas? is there anyway i can have her in the morning and then he can have her at night? i just hate thinking about missing all these memories.
    Anonymous

• Well as being someone whose parents were divorced when I was 3, I can tell you that it does make the holidays hard.. My mom and dad would alternate holidays every year and it does get confusing at times. My mom and dad would sometimes argue over who gets me that year when you come across a holiday like Thanksgiving. But on Christmas and other holidays like that my dad would get me on the holidays eve and my mom would get me on the holidays day...

I doubt this is of any help.. But have a talk with the father of the child and see if there is some agreement to the holidays you can come to. Or if the child is old enough let the child decide who they would like to be with..
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No no no, i'm just saying every OTHER but we have her anyway well cuz that's how it is.You two need to come to an agreement, shouldn't be hard. don't stress.

Anonymous

• My brother and his ex-wife would take odd and even years. He would get all holidays on odd years, except Mother's day. His was a court agreement though. It just depends on the agreement.
    Anonymous