Grandparents are so hard to understand

One set of our DD grandparents are more difficult to have a relationship over the past years. But recently they planned this big trip and we were not sure that our DD was ready for a long over night weekend. So we wanted to it be one night instead of 2 nights at their house. When we speak about this with them they bring up how expensive the weekend trip will be and they are not sure they can afford it. So we find them some coupons online and email them the coupons for their weekend. Then they are like okay we can still do the weekend.

I am just confused about why they are saying it will be an expensive trip all of the sudden when they planned it themselves. I am thinking it was because we brought up the 2 night stay. they are currently living in an apartment with their mother and have not spent any real time with their grand child over the past 2 yrs. We are nervous about the situation and were just expressing our concerns.  i am at a loss of how to communicate with them, what is really going on with them?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know the ages of your children so I don't know if they are too young to be away etc.. IMO a weekend away from the kids sounds like heaven.. I would let them go. The Grandparents probably want to feel like they planned it as a special trip and didn't want you to .. I know if my parents were still living, they would love to have our boys for a weekend, and I would love for them to go..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We knew that they wanted the time alone with thier 3 yr old grandchild and would not be so worried if the past choices they made reflected that of a responsible adults.
    Aries46845

Comment by Aries46845 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011