Hurting knee

So I totally messed up my knee. How? I have no clue! I have been working out for the past 4 weeks, to lose weight and tonight my knee started to hurt and now it hurts to even walk on it. What should I do?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• Rest it, ice it and elevate it and call the doc if it is still sore.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Stop working out give your body a rest!! and put ice on your knee.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Rest and a cold pack. I use to run marathon, so I know all about knee pain! You could have overworked it if you have been doing any kind of treadmill work or jumping. Tendonitis is a possibility. Let it heal and take ibuprophen or aleve. They are anti-inflammatories.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• rest, ice, hot, and movement!
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You need to get off of your feet and put some ice on that knee. You over did it on the working out.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 1:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with everyone else. My dad just had to have minor surgery on his knee for a torn meniscus. This might not even be it at all, but I had knee pain in which I had to take glucosamine to help make the pain go away. here's a wee article on it. like i said, though, might not help, but if nothing else helps, it could be something to look into.

wiferichie

Answer by wiferichie at 9:21 PM on May. 5, 2011