Blondie Emergancy

So I went to go and add some more highlights to my hair the other day at ULTRA... they normally do a really good job... I told her I didn't want Orangey or Goldish/Reddish tones in my hair I wanted it to be natural... what does she so she puts these caramel highlights with blond highlights and mix them together now my hair looks orange and yellowy.... any advice on toner or how I can fix it with out spending another 120 bucks?

lynn.cox22

Asked by lynn.cox22 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• There is a shampoo called "shimmer lights" that comes in a purple bottle. it is dark purple shampoo-- it tones down the orange.

you can also get a color rinse by "fanci-full" that is ***ash*** brown and that will cover it up some but nothing is going to give you good color. you can use these products as a band-aid only. you'll need to re-color your hair. "Blondor" is a good product to bleach highlights when you recolor
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Demand that she redoes it!! I mean it. MAN! If I knew my client was not happy, she would sit in my chair till midnight untill she got exactly what she wanted and I would not charge her more. It's HER JOB!! ALL of my clients KNOW they will get what they ask for before they leave. IF she doesn't re-do it for free...find a new stylist asap!
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 2:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• oh no! they would fix it free of charge if it were me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• that sucks, i'd be so pissed...i don't know what to put on there b/c my hair is really dark, i've never gone light but you could go to sally beauty supply and see if they could help you GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If she won't re-do it...Invest in SO Siliver by Matrix. It's purple shampoo that tones out the brassy colors. Leave it on for about 5 min. Do this about twice a week until your ready to go to a better salon. :)
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 2:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't know anything about how to "fix" this, but if they won't refund all or fix free, I'd say do what you can to get the word out that they can't be trusted to do a good job or give good customer service.
    Outrageous!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 8:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would also demand that it be redone, if she doesnt do then take it up with the salon owner, if they wont do it, hit 'em where it hurst and stand outside their door on a Saturday and tell everyone walking in what happened
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I tried... they were like we will give you a 20% discount next time... lol... what a load of crap... how would they feel if it was their hair...I don't want to go and re dye it... I don't want to damage my hair anymore... do you know of any good toners... or shampoos that get out brassy tones?
    lynn.cox22

Comment by lynn.cox22 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i'd demand my money back. contact the manager personally. if you insist, they usually return your money, just to shut you up.
    btw..a toning shampoo probably won't fix your orangey problem. if your blonde highlights are drier or porous, or even just the right shade of blonde, the toning shampoo will affect those, too-they will take on a purpley/grayish tone, most likely, without changing the 'caramel' a bit.
    sorry!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2011