It's my first time being pregnant ......

Im 14 weeks pregnant today when will i start feeling little kick's or movements and what will they feel like so i would be aware .

theeHALL_mom

Asked by theeHALL_mom at 11:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't remember when it started, perhaps around 5 months...it starts with a slight little flutter. Like butterflies in your stomach sort of feeling. The best pregnancy book is "what to expect when you are expecting" It explains everything!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• First off, congrats on your first baby =) And to answer your question, I started feeling movements around the 16-17 week mark with my first. It's hard to describe the feeling, for me it felt like someone was gently brushing a finger inside of my lower abdomen.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think it is to early to feel kicks, but you should feel little flutters almost like butterflies in your stomach when your baby moves.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• With my first I started feeling movement around 18 weeks. It honestly feels like gas bubbles. It's really weird now when I'm not pregnant and I'll have a gas bubble and it feels exactly like baby movement. Freaks me out sometimes. This is why many mom's think they feel movement before they actually do.

I'd say you'll start feeling movement in the next 4-6 weeks.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Everyone says "flutters" and while that is true, it's very vague lol! Take your knuckles and scrape them along the inside of your arm. Imagine that in your belly. You will know it when it happens. Until then you're like " was that the bay? Maybe this time was baby" but there will come a point when you don't have to 2nd guess
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think most people start to feel kicks around 20 weeks congrats!
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 8:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I was able to feel my two VERY early--earlier than anyone said. It was an intense fluttering or a squirrel in a cage on the wheel feeling. Makes me wonder how so many women say they didn't know they were pregnant!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 8:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• dont let anyone tell u its to early to feel kicks i felt kicks from my daughter at 14 weeks and this is my first and what it feels like well is literally a kick it feels soo cool congrats!!
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 11:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2011