Have you ever had scabies? Or do you know someone that has?

This is terrible!!!! I know there are worse things that could happen with your skin, but it's driving me crazy. Where in the heck did I get this mite and why did my MD diagnose it as Falliculitis? sp?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• I don't know how it happened for you, but for dogs I understand a home remedy of hydrogen peroxide combination with Borax seems to help get rid of the mites. You might try that.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I researched using Tea Tree Oil and I have used it almost every night for a week. Finally I was prescribed the Permethrin Cream and it helped a little, but 2 days later I am still itching and new little bite looking marks are appearing. I'm afraid that I will have scars and that this will last forever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Here is a good article ...interesting fact is that itching can continue 6 weeks after treatment. It looks like this treatment might be effective. I know ivermectin is commonly used with the scabies for dogs as well, usually one dose takes care of it.

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Here is the home remedy to kill the mite on dogs:
    two cups of hydrogen peroxide, 4 cups of water, and 8 tablespoons of Borax powder. Let it dry on the skin. Apply every 3 days.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011