Help with saying no to unhealthy food!?

Ok, so i'm in the process of losing weight. I have girl scout cookies in my outside refrigerator, so how do I say no to eating them!? And when I do eat them, I have the serving size plus one more cookie! Lol, I can't just eat 2 Peanut Butter Patties! PLEASE HELP! Thanks Ladies! :)

Joelea

Asked by Joelea at 11:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Make yourself a snack plate with fruit, a glass of milk, maybe some veggies..and the 2 cookies. Enjoy your snack, and then brush your teeth, chew gum or leave the house! LOL (I feel your pain girl!!)
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Have the cookies but make sure everything else has a smaller portion size and consists of healthier food. The box will be gone soon and then you won't be able to have more :)
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I say....donate them, throw them out....just get rid of them. Can't give in to temptation if they aren't there! LOL....if i know it's there i'm tempted to "cheat" 1 can lead to the entire box, so I just don't have any junk food in my house anymore. No cookies, cakes, or other junk for hubby or the kids. Everyone benefits from healthy choices, hubby and kids included, lol.....though they may not like you for a few days.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm going to have a hard time saying no to girl scout cookies this year. They're so tasty, and I know I will eat too many if I buy them. If they're too tempting to resist, consider tossing them. Yes, really. 2 a day, if you calculate it into your calories, is acceptable, if you have NO other added sugar, and added sugar is in EVERYTHING. Sugar should make up no more than 10% of your daily caloric intake, and that goes really fast. I eat clean, which is basically no added sugars, and even with that, with no processed foods and good choices, I still am at about 8%. so beware the girl scout cookies! LOL Consider whether it's worth having to work extra hard to lose that weight. Strap on a heart rate monitor and see how hard you have to work to burn that many calories. Believe me, it's not worth it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011