Does anybody have good potty training Ideas?

Ive been tryin to potty train my dd who will be 2 in april. and advice is great from family but i don't get advice i get told what to do with her and how. and told how stupid i am for trying this early! but She has all the signs she is ready to be potty trained. So if anyone has any good tips i would LOVE TO HERE THEM! -Jordon

JordonMichelle

Asked by JordonMichelle at 11:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry you fam is acting that way. Mine were the opposite. They felt I waited too long and she should have been by 2. But anyway,,,, We had books to read especially for the potty. Just about every 15 minutes I'd take her, wait there with her for about 10, and do this for a few days in a row. But rarely would she go. She'd wait until her pull up was back on and go then. Especially overnight, I thought she was getting mixed messages about the pull ups. So finally we went cold turkey and I explained that we were big girls and weren't using the pull ups any more. She gets to choose which big girl panties she wants to wear. It took a day or two but we've had less than a handful of accidents and it's been 2 years now. I did try giving her treats when she went on the potty. But stopped that after a little while. Now if my son was that easy. lol Good luck

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• thats what i tried and exactly what she did but i used big girl panties no pull ups but then i got told by my mom i was potty training myself which kinda upset me. she loves her potty chart she calls it her book :) i just wish my family was more supportive but thanks for the advice! :D
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My DD will be 2 in March and we've been warming her up to the idea since she was between 12-14 months. Not with any expectation at that point, but just putting her on it. I know not everyone like TV for little ones, but we put the little potty in the living room so she can sit to watch her cartoons. I started off giving her cookies when she'd pee, but she got too good at it, & I didn't want to load her up with cookies, so we switched to stickers. I have a sheet of small bug stickers that she likes. I'm all about the positve reinforcement-- when she goes, I get all excited & clap & make a big deal over it. Anyway, she's been peeing in the potty since she was about 15 months & started pooping in it about a month later. Last night she woke us up in the middle of the night to go! Not like I can count on her doing all her pees and poops in the potty, But I think we're making a good start!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• wow thats awesome! i get enthused when my daughter pottiesin the big girl potty but she is more intrested in the toilet paper so i try and bribe her telling her she has to potty then she gets her "tissue" lol
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• not here but would like some info too
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• @Amanda11810- What?
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011