Smells in Pregnancy

Have you dealt with this? Usually the natural scent of my husband just turns me on and I love it. Tonight I had to leave the bedroom because his natural body scent was too strong and offensive to me. I know he didn't do anything different and is clean so I know it is my sense of smell. I don't know how not to offend him when he finds me on the couch in the morning :(

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 11:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal. I knew I was pregnant the first time because of how many things tasted rancid. The senses are heightened, as a protective measure, to keep you from being around things that may harm you. Obviously, your husband doesn't qualify, but your senses aren't always spot on. It's definitely normal, mama.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Being pregnant does such crazy things to your body and senses. When I was pregnant with my son I couldn't drink a glass of water without getting hearburn. Just be honest with your husband. He should understand. As weird as some things can be while pregnant, it can't be avoided or explained.
    llctaylor

Answer by llctaylor at 11:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You must be early on I'm guessing. Yeah your nose will keep you away from all kinds of things, including foods you used to love. it's on overdrive right now. Should clear up sometime in your 2nd trimester.
    Btw that was always one of my 1st pregnacy symptoms each time!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's my 2nd pregnancy. You are right though I'm only 6 weeks in. I find it funny how much it is already differing from my first go.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have super smell until the baby is out! Yuck! I can barley go shopping cause I can smell the whole place at once!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011