On those convertible car seats.

If i get one of those convertable car seats, when it is still rear facing and i get home, will i have to take the baby out of the seat and cary her into the house, or is it like th infant ones and you can cary the seat in the house with the baby in it. I still use the infant seat, but my baby is getting kind of long for it. And i wasn't sure how those worked. I havn't every really looked at one up close.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• leave the carseat in the car :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• you will have to take your baby out of the seat it says in the car
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 3:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes, you will have to take her out and carry her inside. However, I favor the convertible carseats because they allow you to Rear face longer than traditional infant seats (which I favor, for safety) but that is up to you.
    SugarAndSpiceX3

Answer by SugarAndSpiceX3 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have a convertible carseat (TrueFit by first years) I love it, but it has to stay in there when I take her out.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You have to take the baby out of a convertible car seat. They are not "infant carriers" too. The entire seat stays put in the car.
    And don't worry too much about your baby's length. Yes, his little feet may get bunched up on the rear seat. That's OK. Check the seat's height and weight limits and go by that, not by how he looks in the seat.

If you really want to keep him in an infant carrier once he outgrows his current seat, you will need to find an infant seat with a higher limit. Graco makes one, others may too. But keep in mind just how heavy he will be... 23+ pounds of baby plus the weight of a seat that is bigger than the one he uses now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You'll have to take baby out. How long is your little one? I don't know if I've ever known a baby to get too long for one, they all just outgrow the weight limit!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yea they stay in the seat..and yes some babies get too long for the carriers..my son right now..is under the weight limit but nearly is way too long for the actual seat lol..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008