Bed wetting?

I have a 4 yr old DD who still wets the bed(almost every night) any advice on how to stop it.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make sure he does not have anything to drink 2-3 hours before bed, make sure he goes to the bathroom before he goes to bed, and maybe come up with some kind of fun reward for him if he does not. Dont make him feel bad when he does but tell him if he doesnt wet the bed tonight, you will take him to the park, or give him a dollar, or something along those lines. Children, and people in general always try harder for something when there is some kind of award or praise to be given
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I *just* asked this question for my son! Will bump you and keep an eye on the responses
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• She's most likely not ready, physically. Is she a heavy sleeper? That could interfere too. I think when kids are 6 is when it's considered "bed wetting" since it can take years for the bladder control to develop. Is there family history of bed wetting?
    banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• There is a wide range of what is normal for staying dry at night. My niece's daughters still need pullups at night and they are older than your child. My kids were 7 and 8 before being dry at night. It will happen eventually.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Have you tried to stop giving her water at night? Has anything traumatic happened lately?
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• dont let her drink anything the last 2 hours before bed
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011