Any other moms trying to lose weight or lose weight recently?

Im a really self councious person. And i recently in 3 months gained like 20 pounds :S If anyone has had promising results with workouts or diets or is in the same boat and wants to lose weight talk to me about it. I would love to have somebody to help me stay motivated in weight loss and have a weight loss buddy even if we are thousands millions of miles apart or even seconds from a knock on the door. I just don't want to do this on my own anymore!

JordonMichelle

Asked by JordonMichelle at 12:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I am losing weight butt have alot to lose. I have lost 16pounds:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't have any advice but I am looking to lose weight. I recently started using the Wii fit...its okay when I have the time. I would love some support and would love to give some support.
    llctaylor

Answer by llctaylor at 12:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I weigh myself every day so that I know when I need to be extra good. I also keep a food diary to keep myself accountable for what I'm putting in my mouth, and keep track of all that i really do eat-- even that stick of gum that I pop in when I'm in my car.

The bottom line is that you need to reduce your net caloric intake-- either by reducing how much you eat, or by burning more calories. Building more muscle will allow you to burn more calories, while also making you more physically fit.

If you need assistance, I recommend you join weight watchers, where the program is more flexible, uses real food, and helps you figure out how to eat. I had several friends do it successfully.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• holycow Kudos to you! how did you do it!? and @IIctaylor I would love to be a support to you. and set goals and have a weight loss buddy!
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• A food diary That sounds like something that might work for me! thats a good Idea and doesn't weight watchers cost money because i don't have a whole lot of money.. but its something id be willing to try otherwise.
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I do believe weight watchers costs money. In the past I've put a food tracker on my ipod to help me. Food diaries have worked for me in the past.
    llctaylor

Answer by llctaylor at 12:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have been working on it for two years now. I had a rough time with my pregnancy and preeclampsia. It made me go from 130 to 210. I was able to loose the baby weight (30 lbs) right away with breastfeeding. I got a gym membership and used it consistently for a month and lost about 5 lbs. Then my back gave out on me, spinal stenosis and 3 bulged disks in my lower back. I was on bed rest for months and given steroids. Definitely didn't help me loose any weight and I gained fat in the most unattractive places because of the steroids. From there I had to work from the ground up without exercise. I am now down to 163 by using smaller salad plates to reduce my portions, cooking the food I eat instead of going out or buying something frozen and slowly but surely increasing my mobility. If you want to keep the weight off you do not need some drastic diet, when you eat less, it takes less to get full. Good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Right here with you! We can help each other out! Im not a mom,and won't be for a while (I'm 14! haha) so It's not like I have post pregnancy weight on me or anything. But I am overweight by quite a bit and so far I have lost 5 pounds! I started my "diet" a week ago. I'm not doing anything too serious, as I have learned in the past, losing weight super fast doesn't work, and will come back soon! So I am doing this slowly! Working out for a little bit after I get home from school, and eating healthy!
    Joelea

Answer by Joelea at 12:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• @mrs.coop- wow im sorry about all that about your back and stuff thatd have to be rough but kudos to you for losing weight and not giving up! Keep me updated on your weight loss your and inspiratiion to me.
    @Joelea- First why are you on CafeMom lol and second thats awesome the working out after school and stuff add me as a friend please both of you :)
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've lost 18 pounds since Jan 1st. I've been doing Leslie Sansone' walk away the pounds....usually 3-4 miles a day. But recently started doing 2-3 miles of The Biggest Losers Power Walk. It's a more intense workout so I can spend less time and burn more.

I'm a diabetic so my daily food intake is about 1300 calories with lots of vegetables, lean protein, healthy, whole grain carbs, some fruit (less sugary ones like berries or melon) and plenty of water.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2011