3rd Shift Hubbies

My husband just started working 3rd shift this week. I dont know how I am going to get through it, even though its only suppose to be 6mos to a year. I am nervous that someone is going to break in and hurt/rape me and hurt or take my 17 month old daughter. Yes I know, too much SVU lol... I hope I am not the only one out there with this anxiety. For ladies w/ 3rd shift hubbies, what do you do to help you chill out?

jessspurr86

Asked by jessspurr86 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I work 3rd shift in a first aid dept of a warehouse. My hubby works immigration and is not home sometimes. I snuggle with his pillow or wear a t-shirt of his. that is what helps me.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My dh has not done the shift in a while, but I think he did it a bit after my dd was born. I don't know, I just tried not to think about things too much. I kept my cell phone with me at night. I guess if you live in a shady area, maybe talk to your hubby about what you can do if there was an intruder. I think I kind of had a mental plan of what I would do....but honestly it is pretty scary. You get used to it though and it won't be so bad after a week or 2.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thanks! We live in the country with a few neighbors, seems safe but if something did happen, I dont think anyone would hear. I keep my cell phone next to me and the dog right next to the bed lol... The mental plan thing is great, I have been doing that as well. :)
    jessspurr86

Comment by jessspurr86 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My husband only has worked two two week shifts a year but I still hate it. Suddenly you are the go to person if anything bad happens. I could never fall asleep well without him and I refused to take anything in case something was to happen. I felt it was helpful to send little e-mails his way letting him know what was going on around the house that day and let out some of my feelings. He said he appreciated it too. He doesn't like being gone and missing me and our son. Don't expect many responses though because he does have to work. I hope this helps.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011