How long does an early miscarriage take to complete?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and I was almost 7 weeks along, but I had a d&c. My doctor said around 2 weeks if you go through it naturally. With a d&c it takes about a week.
    gdrager

Answer by gdrager at 12:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• When my sister experienced hers...she had to go in for a D&C and she was told around 2-3 wks to heal, but her body was still experiencing issues for 2 months before she finally started getting back to a normal state. I think it varies from person to person, but the average should be 2-3 weeks.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My doc told me it could take a week or longer & I wouldn't know for sure how much time it would take. Suggested D&C, & I took him up on it--I wanted to know it was all taken care of, so I wasn't dealing w/ that on top of losing the baby. (Of course, I had bleeding for a while, but at least I knew the miscarriage part was over.)
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 8:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2011