Do you post pics of your kids on CM or other internet sites?

I posted a pic of my son here last night and got a "shouldnt post pics of your kids online" response. I have Photobucket, Myspace and Facebook where I post pics of my kids, all with privacy blocks, how about you?

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 12:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I use facebook as a way to keep my family and friends updated on pics of my children and what we are up to. I have my privacy settings so that only my friends can see the pics of my kids.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, I don't. If I can't see you, I don't want you to be able to see me or mine. I can't 'see' or know about everyone on the internet lol.... I guess I'm paranoid :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I do not post pictures of my children on any social networking sites, period.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• As long as you are careful who you friend and know how to use the privacy settings, I see no problem with it. There have been people who just don't understand these things and end up with perverts looking at their kids so I see the point for those people.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have tons of pictures on this site, Facebook and on flickr. I'm not quite sure what my privacy settings are any more. I think they can only be seen by friends on each site. But I'm not paranoid. I don't see what the big deal is. I use my facebook to keep my family all over the country updated about me and my kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• @ Spottedpony - I can find almost anyone's home address and relatives in about 5 minutes with just an email address or phone number. Income, religion, marital status, neighborhood, and a clear cut picture of even their home and quite possibly their cars with a matter of just a few clicks on the internet.

It's not meant to creep you out, but obviously people are not aware of how easily you can trace someone.

If you don't believe me, look yourself up on Spokeo.com. Then remove yourself from their website =). It'd be a good idea to spend a significant amount of time "erasing" your foot steps from the internet, but keep in mind there is always still a trace of it out there. It's very, very hard to permanently erase once you post it, if not damn near impossible.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i dont nor would i
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• None of the pics on my CM profile are actually me. Some groups and people wont talk to you without em, but TBH they're just pics I found on the internet. Thanks Google.

I have every single feature blocked on my Facebook, even to the point to where my name isn't search-able and people can not send me a message without being a friend on FB. So, yes I have pics, but I also have them under very tight security and I usually check FB's settings on privacy at least a few times a month. They are very prone to change things quite consistently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have a few pictures on facebook but thats it. I'm not sure why I'm so private, I just am. I mean, really what are people going to do with them?
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't post pictures of myself or my family online.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2011