What?

A kid thats been a friend of ours up until a few months ago called my daughter some aweful names in frin of a bunch of kids and my daughter slapped him across the face. I dont think she should've done that,I try to teach my kids to hit only if they have to defend themselves. Would you approve of your daughter slapping someone even if they deserved it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• just a simple yes or no please no bashing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• yes
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I probablly wouldnt codone my DD doing it, but in high school or middle school I know I would have done the same thing
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• hELL YES! SHE SHOULD HAVE SLAPPED HIM AND THEN KNEED HIM IN THE NUTS, AND LEFT HIM CRYING ON THE GROUND. IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well, on a positive note, I hope she got her point across. What would you have done if the child's mother had said the same thing about your child, what would YOU have done? If it was me, probably the same thing.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My daughter, age 10, (who weighs 60 pounds wet) beat up two boys on the bus. She tried to tell the bus driver they were pushing her....he wouldn't help her, he was driving, he said. She tried to ask for someone's help (another child)...no one would listen. So she whooped them...even though I taught her to "get help from an adult." I didn't make a big dela about it. I am proud that my daughter was able to handle her own when it came down to it. I still encourage her to get help first but if no one wants to get involved....do your thing!
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 1:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would not make a big deal about it. I would probably talk with my DD about what happened and why she did it. If she could explain why for example: he was calling her bad names and after asking him to stop he wouldn't or something like that then I would be okay with it, I would explain how you can't just go around hitting people and I might give her other options on how to handle the situation differently.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Would not approve, there are better and more effective ways of dealing with situations like this.

Answer by older at 7:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would not approve. Hitting people isn't okay.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• IF SOMEONE CALLED MY DAUGHTER OUT OF HER NAME SHE HAD BETTER THUMP THEM GOOD. HER EX BOYFRIEND TOLD HER TO JUMP OFF BRIDGE AND KILL HERSELF IM STILL LOOKING FOR THAT WANG ASS
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2011