How often do you use public transportation?

we lost our car in Nov so I have been busing it. I get my tax return tomorrow and aim to hav a car by Monday! I have had a miserable time with dallas Area Rapid Transit!

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 12:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• All the time now that I dnt have a car & it SUCKS. I have to walk a long ways to the bus stop & they only run every hour.. So most of ur time is consumed waiting on a freakn bus.. Im with you.. Tax time is here & Im lookn 4 a new car asap..
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Never. I'm in the country. Our car died, and I don't work so I wait until late afternoon or evening and my S/O takes me where I need to go. Don't really want to car hunt for a few months now, at lwast not while it's so cold if we can wait.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Never. My son rides the bus to school, though:) if that counts.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Pretty often. We only have one car and my love usually takes it to work. If I need to run to the store or just want to go somewhere, we(son and I)take the bus and have daddy pick us up on his way home.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Many moons ago when I was 19 or 20 and before getting a car, I did use a ride a bus atleast twice a week. They'd come to the house to pick us up and take us where ever we needed to go. But we did have to be ready to go home by a certain time. I've only done the subway 2 times. Once was years ago w/ my uncle when he took us to DC to see some museums. The other was with DH for the Taste of DC Festival. Would love to learn how to use it.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Never now. But back in the spring/summer my husband moved across the country with our one car and I was in my 3rd trimester so I had doctor appointments every few weeks and visits to the hospital for ultrasounds. I had to take the bus everywhere. I walked to anything within a mile of the house including grocery shopping (which meant carrying the groceries back in bags). It was a long 3 months. And people really don't care if you are 9 months pregnant on the bus. They don't get out of your way, offer you a seat or help in any way. Sigh. Luckily most of the buses I took were mostly empty.
    That was in Chicago. I used to take the bus all the time in high school (it's how I got home from school every day).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• On rare occasion. Sadly, it's not very convenient or cost effective most of the time, especially if it's the 5 of us. If it's just me, I will take the light rail if I'm going to down town.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Very rarely. One of my complaints because our public transportation here is very poor.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Only when I am on vacation!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• never. hopefully i never will.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2011