SuperCuts vent

It's not just SuperCuts, Fantastic Sams and Great Clips are included in this vent. I had my hair cut today at SuperCuts and what a mistake. Who teaches these people how to cut hair??? I realize that shampooing costs extra, but can you at least wet down all of my hair? I had 3 inches taken off, so only about 4 inches of the bottom of my hair was wet. And they don't even section your hair anymore? Is it really necessary to spend $40-$50 at an actual salon just to get my hair trimmed?

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• A good hairstylist cares about your hair. I have found that at SuperCuts and Fantastic Sams and places like that...they only care about your money. Look around for some smaller salons (booth rent)... They usually have reasonable prices and actually CARE to get to know your personality and hair type and take the time to give you what you want. I hear all the time that it is hard to find a good hair stylist. This is CRAZY to me. We all had the SAME training. It's a matter of taking the time to HEAR your clients and caring about your work. I charge 30 for haircuts....but if all they have is 20, I'm not going to complain or not see them because if they are happy....they'll send me a friend. :) Hair is your biggest accessory!
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 2:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I know what you mean! I stopped getting my hair cut a long time ago. Just recently, it was so long I couldn't stand it (down to my bottom) and I went to dollar general, bought a comb and scissors and told my husband to cut it. He was like....Okay...lol. Looks good, feels good, works for me....
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 1:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My salon only charges 25 for a hair cut and the shampoo is included. It is a smaller place everyone is really friendly and professional. I take my DD there for her hair too. I would never go to a discount hair place.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 1:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• seriously right!!!! I did what dreamlander did, though we already had the supplies.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I take DS to a barber shop - and there's a woman there who does hair. I get her to do mine for me. All I get is the ends trimmed. $10 for the cut plus a tip. She goes a great job too, and never cuts off too much (which I have had done before elsewhere - makes me very nervous.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• lol I call it supr sucks. And fantastic sams is craptastic sams.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• thats too much should of least cost you ten bucks
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• what do you expect from a drive-thru salon? they are cheap and fast for a reason..it gets people in the door, and that's all that matters to the company. blame the cutters if you want, but its the situation they are in. they offer a guaranteed salary, and for someone coming striaght out of schooling, that may be what is needed. you'll rarely find someone who has experience and is a good cutter in those places. a diamond in the rough may be a once in a lifetime occurance! if they are good, they won't be at those fast/cheap chopshops very long..that's why when you find a stylist you like, and you return, they aren't employed there anymore. they've moved on!
    either way, most of the time, you get what you pay for.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• find a good local salon (privately owned, call around) most will do a good job for a fair price ( we get ours done for 20$ pluse tip
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2011