Ancestry

I have a question regarding ancestry,com has anyone ever used it ? its only good to find out about your family in the us or in the entire world?

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I like to use familysearch.org once you get used to it, you can find a lot of information there. It searches not only the US but other countries as well.
    ciarradivinity

Answer by ciarradivinity at 11:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• They advertise widely so I magine their fees will be high after an initial introductory offer.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've never used it. You have to pay something, right? I have an unusual-enough maiden name, I can probably learn more just by doing a FB search for my last name! Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I used it when it was free but I only did the U.S.A. I know mom ancestory and my dad just says he's a West Virginia hillbilly when I ask him. He said you don't need to know all that stuff, what good is it. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I've used it in the past, way past. I would first work on your genealogy through all of the free sites (there are lots) then use Ancestry when you need to solve the bigger mystery. They used to offer free two week passes. You can also use Ancestry through your local library for FREE! :) I've been working on my tree for 12 years.... it can become a bit addicting.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2011