Normal Routine ? ? ? ?

So Does Everyone Get Sent In A Week Or 2 Earlier Than There Due Date...Or Is That Because They May Be Having Complications Because I Have 3 Friends Who Were All Due This Month (Feb) And There Doctors Have Sent Them In A Week Or 2 Before They Were Due 2 Have There Baby.

NyasMommy1

Asked by NyasMommy1 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It depends on their condition and the doctor's way of doing things.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 1:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It could be because they had complications, but more likely their doctors were knuckle-heads who wanted to schedule inductions for their own (the doctor's) convenience. It happens a lot these days, and it's really not a healthy trend because there's a lot of risks related to inductions. But didn't the doctor's at least tell your friends why they were sent in early??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It seems to be the norm these days for both the Doc and the womans convenience. Everyone I know is getting to pick their due date. One scheduled for Valentines day, etc. Both my children were induced but I had to wait until two weeks overdue and beg and plead....
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 1:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I Never Asked.
    But When I Would Ask How They're Doing Or Something They Would Tell Me "O Im Going In Tuesday" Or Whatever Day...& It Would Be Atleast A Week Or Two Before They're Due .
    NyasMommy1

Comment by NyasMommy1 (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Unless due to complications or they were told by their doctor during their routine visit to go in, its usually at the Dr's convenience. Most Dr's try to schedule an induction because they have other routine appts or something else that fills in specific time slots, so instead of having a baby when the baby is due...Dr's try to "fit them in."
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's happening more & more.
    Either it is convenience or a rare complication or the invention of a complication that gets a woman induced.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Not a routine for everybody. I am a day overdue and not going in to be induced until I am 11 days over.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011