Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Number one RIP OFF Refund Anticipation Loans

This time of the year, the RAL is rampant with the uninformed.

Everyone (ok, most people) can go online (that have access to a computer) and do their own taxes using H & R Block online. You e-file, pay $20, and in 10 days get your whole entire refund. It simply is not worth blowing a couple hundred dollars to get it a few days sooner. Your tax refund is not FREE money from the government, it's YOUR money, your hard earned money and to waste it because you can't wait a few days is shameful.

There are many other free tax preperation sites.
You can go into the Internal Revenue Office and they have assistants there to help you file your simple returns.


Asked by tootoobusy at 1:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 52 (487,465 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Hmm I think you forgot the quotes OP...

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

  • I got a loan a few years ago, idk what the hell i was thinking, never again.I have been using turbotax ever since.

    Answer by gabby06 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

  • we heart turbo tax!

    Answer by dragonqueen at 3:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

  • I go to Jackson Hewitt, paying $300 for someone to do my taxes and back me up if I get audited is a small price to pay for me as the mere idea of math makes me freak out

    Answer by shivasgirl at 8:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

  • I'm not uninformed, I amsimply impatient. And you are coming across quite rudely with posting this. :( Plsu there was one year that had I not gotten my tax refund that day my family would have been evicted in the middle of winter.

    Answer by Memigen at 3:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

  • Shivasgirl, you can have your taxes done by Jackson Hewitt without getting a RAL. Unless you have major deductions, rental property, self employment, $300 is huge.
    The computer program does the math. All you do is insert figures from your w-2s etc. You do not have to do math.

    Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011