Bombing for fleas...what do I wash after the fact?

We just had to bug bomb our apartment again - and yes, I know there are natural, toxin-free products but we have tried all of them and none of them worked. The only thing that seems to work is foggers, and even then the fleas are back within a couple of months or so. (Even with regular treatment of Revolution on our cat - it drives me nuts!!!) It's our apt complex; truly disgusting.

Anyway, what I'm trying to figure out is, what do I need to wash after fogging, sheet/towel wise? Every linen in the house? I am just so weirded out by the fact that we can go back to sitting on the couch like normal (supposedly) but it seems wrong to use any linens that may have come in contact with the stuff.

What do you think?

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 1:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• You should cover your sofa with a sheet when doing this. At least this is what I do.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Technically you have to wash EVERYTHING, and if you've never washed your couch, they're probably still living in there regardless of bombing. They can survive in mattresses, couches, clothing, linens, even after bombing, that's why you keep having repeat occurrences. Somewhere in your apt they're not being killed, so they continue to spread even though you've treated the cat. My dad once had an infestation so bad he had to get rid of his couch and buy a new one, nothing else worked. Even after every single pet was gone from the house he still had fleas. It's a pain, but rent a carpet cleaner and clean the carpets/furniture, even underneath. If it can go into a washing machine, wash it, including stuffed animals. Use the carpet cleaner on your mattress, treat the animals, and bomb again for good measure. Good Luck, we went through the same thing a few months ago, I still see 1-2 fleas from time to time.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would say wash everything you can as far as any bedding you used during the time you had problems. The are also good powders you can use on the carpets and furniture. I would google to get opinions. You could also check with your local vet, they might have some good tips. Good luck. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2011