i cant get my 18month old son to eat. its beeen gong on for a long time.he will eat snacks but not real food i've tried just about everything.i need help.

he was also born with gastroschisis. he ate good as a baby but now he just doesnt seem to want to anymore.

hottmami_21

Asked by hottmami_21 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is going through the same thing. She is to busy to eat! We read while we eat or sometimes we watch Sesame Street for 20 mins (only when I am really tired). This keeps her still and entertained long enough to eat. I also make sure everything I give her is very nutritious. Lots of raw fruits and veggies. Not a lot breads, crackers, noodles. If she wont eat a lot, I just make sure every little bite counts.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Make sure everything he is offered is healthy. If he knows that if he can scream and refuse to eat the peas and be offered chessy poofs instead... don't be surprised when he screams and refuses the peas.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My kids the same way, if he is busy he defintly won't eat but I just try and make sure that what I offer him is healthy. Also your son may be teething. They tend not to eat then. That is the way mine is, I always say when they are hungry they will come to you. They aren't going to let themselves starve.
    rosie2484

Answer by rosie2484 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008