Cartlidge piercing..is it infected?

it doesnt have any puss or anything..but it swollen pretty bad. feels like a knot under my skin. please let me know.

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 2:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• it is red? when did you pierce it?you can apply some iodine or peroxide to it also you could use some ice to get the swelling down if it doesn't work then go to the doctor its an infection.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i got it pierced like the 4 i believe. it is red. ive been messign with in cleanig it and all. its sore. i took the barbell outand put in a stud just now
    youngandafraid

Comment by youngandafraid (original poster) at 2:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• also in addition to gou18 answer, is it warm to touch even hot compared to the rest of your ear? Did I read your post right and u said it got it on the 4th of this month? When did it become red and swollen?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• what did you use to clean it hope you have not used alcohol because that does not kill most of the germs unlike people believe, iodine or peroxide its the best for ears, also the swelling got worse today or started after you change the stud ? also you could be allergic to the metal there are people that can only use gold even when they have used steel before I had an allergic reaction to gold it disappeared once I started to use silver its weird because I started to use gold again and nothing happened
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• ive been using theceaner they give me. it was hurting so i put the stud in. so do i need to clean it like crazy? squeeze any pus out? this is my firs one
    youngandafraid

Comment by youngandafraid (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I had my cartlidge pierced twice and both times this happened to me. I think it's infected. I still have a scar on the back of my ear and I took it out within weeks of receiving the piercing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Also, I've never had any problems with any other piercing,not even my tongue, just my cartlidge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It could be a piece of dirt under the skin. Go to the piercer for help. He will be able to tell you what it is and what you should do.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 4:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• go get medical advice
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• its called a keyloid (not sure if i spelled it correctly) my doctor saw mine and told me what its called, she didnt seem overly concerned... u can use a warm compress and try to take that swollen knot down a lil bit
    3kiddies4me

Answer by 3kiddies4me at 11:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011