My daughter has thrown up twice tonight....*****UPDATE********

at about 7 tonight she threw up and then at about 11 she threw up again.

She has no other symptoms... she will start coughing and then puke

she had orange juice earlier and that seems to look like what shes throwing up

could it just be the orange juice that is upsetting her? MY SO said she gulped her glass down when he gave it to her last time at about 5 or 6...

i gave her some water put her in her diaper and put a cool washcloth on her forehead and shes passed out again in my bed.

so could it be the orange juice? Shes had it before and this didnt happen. She started taking vitamins about 5 days ago as well.

This morning she has a lowgrade fever99.9 very whiney and lazy and clingy... just not herself, i just have her some medicine i think she really doesnt feel good body wise,

Shes been so sick lately since october with multiple things, Upper resp infection, ear infection, cold, flu, cold cold cold, now this..... maybe she has a low immune system?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the flu is going around where i live and it makes you vomit and your sick for about 3 days maybe just the flu or something she ate or drank.. if she is not running a fever i wouldnt worry to much if she is still sick tomorrow make her an appointment.. good luck..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 3:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm not an expert but my daughter had been doing the same thing. She was 2 weeks old when it started and I was worried so me and the so took her to the er and the doctor said its reflux that babies don't have that second thing we do to let their stomaches know when their full. I don't know how long it takes for them to develop that and since you said your daughter gulped her orange juice that might be what it is. That's what the doctor told us and said to reduce her formula and we did and she hasn't thrown up since.
    I hope this helped.
    new_mommie_2b

Answer by new_mommie_2b at 3:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Shes 2 and never has had aproblem with reflux nursing.... but i think it may be the orange juice ... i THINK one time before a long time ago that she ate some orange slices and threw up....

Hmm... must be the acid, i hope its just that and she isnt getting sick, shes been sick since about october with different multiple things.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's probably the acid in the oj. she might just have the flu :(
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 3:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Maybe its an acid thing. My so has GERD so anything acidy upsets his stomach so the orange juice could be upsetting her stomach. But like I said I'm not expert because our ped said out daughter might have it because she was throwing up but since we redused her formula it stopped.
    But like I said she could just have a reaction to the orange juice. I hope she feels better.
    new_mommie_2b

Answer by new_mommie_2b at 3:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• vitamins? is that good for a 2yr old? im not criticising just asking cus id like to know
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Orange can make the tummy upset. It makes acid in the tummy. So if you think it is the orange juice than orange juice it is... You know your child plus you have the unbeatable mother instincts:P Don't give her acidy juices because it can hurt her tummy. Try to give her smoothies or something with carrot in it. That's why nowadays most of the juice contains carrots. For a reason (God knows what:P) carrot juice calm the tummy down (even it sounds so yucky (at least for me). So they usually mix the carrot juice with other juices. So it makes them less acidy. Weird... I hope your baby will get well soon:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• check for strep my son woke up yesterday shaking a lil fever and started throwing up clear stuff. Took him to the doc it was strep. Just see how she is in the morning though
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• could be start of flu
    make sure lots of water and other fluids but not too acidic ones
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• start given her vitamins my son use to get sick a lot so i started giving him gummy vitamins and it has helped a lot
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 3:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2011