This may be a dumb question, but I really need an answer. PLEASE HELP!!

There are certian things I have never had to do or use.

Gauze is one of em.

I burned my thigh pretty bad a few minutes ago. I've cleaned it and i've applyed burn cream. It is a 2nd degree burn, but it is small so it is considered minor and can be taken care of at home.

How the heck to I put the gauze on and KEEP it on. I've got 2 different kinds:
Gauze indivually packaged
Gauze on a roll.

How to I put them on and keep them on so I can take my tylenol and sleep off the pain?
I did ask my doc... he just said it would be simple. It may be the pain or maybe i'm just that stuid, but this is not simple.

Sorry for any typos... i'm in some pain here.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 3:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• right next to the gauze in the store is medical tape, you tape on a square over the injury. the medical tape wont hurt as bad when you pull it off your skin, but if you dont want to head back to the store, regular scotch tape will work
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I know it's been a couple of hours now, but you also might get the bandage pads that do not stick to your skin. They are in the bandaid section. They are 3x3 inches or 4x4 inches, I believe. And the tape...........you do not want to cover the entire pad with the tape. The air has to get in there for healing. Put one strip of tape over each end of the pad leaving the center free of tape. Hope you feel better soon!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't put gauze on it. Just put anti bacterial cream. The air is good.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• An old home remedy is to break off a small piece of an aloe vera plant and squeeze the juice from it directly on the burned area. Aloe relieves the pain and helps the healing process.
    grammawjo

Answer by grammawjo at 10:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thank you sooooooooooooo much cassie. I'm NOT going anywhere, I woke dh with my crying he says he'll go it the tape for me.

Again thank you!!!
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I know this sounds weird but my grandmother treated burns with either yellow mustard, COLD vinegar, or wet tea bags... it relieves the pain... don't put gauze on it... it will irritate it... if it does get irritated I can give u a home recipe for Jalapeno Burn Remedy that will make it go away FAST!
    lynn.cox22

Answer by lynn.cox22 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I was told to put gauze on it because its open. Skin peeling and such
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• use medical tape to adhere the gauze to your skin or use a big enough bandaid!
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011