• In the Spotlight:

How did your s/o propose to you ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• We dated for two years. I got pregnant. He looked at me and said "you know we have to get married....right?" I said yes and a month later we were married.

Love story...that was 14 years ago....
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 4:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Rolled over in bed (after we found out we were pregnant and he broke up with his GF at the time) and asked if I would marry him....then he fell asleep. lol lame I know
    But 6 yrs and 3 kids later we're no where near done. (with each other there will NOT be anymore monkeys lol)
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We were in the car driving home from a great day with our 7 month old in the back seat. He said you "We should get married' I said "When you are serious come and talk to me." He said "I am serious and pulled out a ring." That was 14 years ago. We are still together, still happy and have 3 great kids!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• On stage at a karaoke bar with my whole family there. I thought it was really odd that my grandmother was at a bar lol!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well when we found out I was pregnant, he asked me if I wanted to get married, I told him no. I didn't want to get married because he thought he had to marry me. Well several months go by, our ds is born, then it's almost Christmas time, we decide not to get each other presents. Christmas Eve, DH and I always attend church service by ourselves, so MIL watches ds. We are driving down the road, he asked me, "So what did you get me for Christmas?" "Nothing." We do this for a few minutes, until finally I get agitated, because I really didn't get him anything, so I finally retort, "Well what did you get me?" I was looking out the window at the time, but when I said that I turn my head toward him. In his hand is a little black ring box. "This." Then he proceeded to ask me to marry him, again. :D We've been married almost a year now and been together for almost 6.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Down by this little cove where he took me when we first got back together. He got down on his knees and asked if I would be his wife..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We went to the restaurant where we'd had our first date (a cool, popular little pizza place downtown), then suddenly he looked around and said "no, this isn't right" and took me to the nicest restaurant in town where we ate supper, after supper and before dessert he got down on one knee next to the table and pulled out the ring, told me he loved me and didn't want to spend another minute of his life without me in it, the whole restaurant saw him and started clapping. It was wonderful!

Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My s/o and I were discussing his sister's upcoming wedding when he looked at me and asked me, " do you want to do it or what".
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• it was easter (his favorite holiday) and he handed be a basket with all these plastic eggs in it. started to open up the plastic eggs - 1st one had one of those candy rings in it, next one had a candy ring in it, the next one, etc. then i opened one that had MY ring in it and he said, "What do you think about that one? Will you marry me?" And here we are 9 years later. . .
    hkarpo

Answer by hkarpo at 10:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We had been together for almost 5 years, and I was about 8 months pregnant. It was his birthday (July 6th). We went to a movie (one of his favorite things that we don't get to do very often), then I took him to Best Buy and let him pick out his present, then we went to dinner. While we were waiting for dessert he said "this has been an awesome day..we got to go to a movie, go shopping, dinner was really good..now there's just one more thing I want that would make this day perfect" and I said "oh yeah? whats that?" and he pulled out the ring and said "for you to be my wife. will you marry me?" I cried and said yes..obviously..lol. We got married 3 months later on our 5 year anniversary.
    ldybug1752

Answer by ldybug1752 at 2:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2011