Is it a stage?

I am hitting a low point with DH. We have been together 4 years, married 3 and we have an 8 month old. He works so much right now because he is saving up to go to see his family in another country he hasnt seen in 8 years.
I dont even like to see him anymore. I go to bed as soon as he comes home because I dont want to be around him. It this just a phase? Is this normal? Am I a bad wife because I wish he worked even more so I dont have to see him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I would like to say yes. Give it time. I remember a few years after I married I told my husband I had nothing in common with him and I wonder why we married. He reminded me of all the things that we did have in common. Just because we didn't discuss it or anything like that did not mean we didn't have stuff in common. Just because your husband works does not mean he doesn't love you or you him. Let him know how you feel. Maybe he will slack off a little. Find some ways to help him save money. Show that you support him going to see family.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I felt this way about my ex husband accept for I was the one working...can yu tell EX-husand. That is a question youhave to answer yourself. If your not happy leave if you are tell him and see if you 2 can work on it.
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ever thought about seeing a counselor?
    karmicenergy

Answer by karmicenergy at 3:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Have you asked yourself why you are at a low point with your husband, why you don't want to see him,why you don't want to be around him?There has to be answers to those questions. Is it because he wants to see his family.8 years is a long time not seeing your family, its tooooo long...Why do you feel the way you do? Has to be more than that!
    Anonymous

• it sounds like a phase to me. i have times like this already with my new husband but it doesn't last long. it could be your just not happy and direct it at him. maybe your experiencing last post baby blues. hormones could make you feel like this and maybe you have gotten comfortable now that it doesn't matter if you see him or not. maybe you need to just get away from him for awhile. they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. try it what do you have to loose.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• From what you have written, it sounds like maybe you are angry with him. Are you angry because he is saving to go see his family (without you and your child?) Are you angry because he is working more hours for this reason? If it is anger, it is not a phase. It is something you need to deal with and talk about with him.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008