My son is 2 and i am sopping for new carseat. any suggestions on the best would be useful,thanks!

713mommyofthree

Asked by 713mommyofthree at 7:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I really like britax mine harnesses up to 65lbs and 49 in. My daughter is 4 and still has a lot of room til she grows out of it.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm with amymartinez0214. I had a Britax carseat & now a booster. One of my cousins is involved w/ public safety, and when here daughter was little a state trooper told her that even though all car seats are rated for safety, in his experience at accident scenes, Britax seats are better than others. They're more expensive, but hey - these are our kids!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If the Britax is out of your price range the Graco Nautilus is a good seat. It has one of the tallest 5 point harnesses (issue in our house) and also goes to 50 lbs in the harness. The height they list may not be the true height it will harness too though since some children are long in the torso. Their shoulders have to be BELOW the last belt slot for the harness when forward facing and my son meets that well before he hits the upper height limit on seats. The Natuilus becomes a belt positioning booster up to 100 lbs and if you like a back less booster up to 100 lbs. Yes all car seats meet the minimum legal requirements for safety, but some are better then others. You also have to take into consideration the way it fits in your car. Some don't fit well in certain cars. Go to Toys r us and they will let you try the floor model in your car. Right now they are also having a trade in event to get 25% off.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would also say Britax. I went thru a few carseats before buying that one. We have the roundabout and absolutely love it. I really wish I would have bought it sooner. The ease of installation is incomparable to any other brand IMO. And of coarse HIGH safety ratings was my first reason for buying.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• we have the graco nautilus for both of our toddlers and love them. they are just kinda big which is about the only downfall.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• don't know i have a combi one
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have a Graco and after a year and a half its hard to buckle, and its hard to adjust when he grows. It was great new and did stand up to much punishment for quite a while. It also had a cup holder which has turned out to be a great asset. I don't know what your budget is but if I had to do it over I would have gotten the seat my husband did. My husband bought a Recaro for his car which looks brand new still and is much easier to handle and its easier to get pieces of the Recaro cleaned.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011