Why do Chucky Cheese places sell alcohol?

I just recently attended a birthday party for my nieces at a local chucky Cheese place and was shocked to find out that they sell several brands of beer. What the...? Can adults not control themselves long enough to enjoy a childrens' activity without alcohol?

svdbygrace

Asked by svdbygrace at 7:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• cuz if im in a room full of kids especially someone elses i need a drink or two
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• because that place is hell in disguise and its hard to sit through a 2 hour party there without some sort of relief...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm confused... why do you think it is wrong? Are you just against alcohol in general? Chucky Cheese is a very family-friendly place, so they are clearly trying to have something for everyone in the family drink and enjoy. Most family-friendly restaurants sell alcohol.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it - why shouldn't they? Having a beer with pizza isn't a big deal, it's not like they have a full bar and a jukebox blaring. It's a restaurant just like any other.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• lol. It's to keep the parents from getting so irritated by the other obnoxious children and the annoying game noises so they stay longer to spend more money! Besides what exactly does having a beer at a kids place do? Shoot Dh had several beers and I had a few glasses of wine while we were in Disney World!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I do find it disturbing that a children's fun place has to have alcohol for the parents that don't want to stay sober and enjoy their children :(

Oh, please give me a break. First of all the children are busy enjoying eachother and consumed in the games and fun there. Depending on the age of the children at the party, usually the adults will stay back at the table and talk to eachother while their kids play. Why is it so horrible to have a drink or two while doing so? How is that in any way 'not enjoying their children'? If anything its staying back and letting them have fun, and enjoying them from a distance.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• im sure it was chuck e.'s idea for the beer
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I dont see anything wrong with it. Just because you have a beer at a kids party doesnt mean youre an alcholic or a bad parent. Since when was it a rule that you cant drink at a kids party? A beer or two is not a big deal. As another poster said...its not like its a full bar with shots and a blaring juke box. We need some sanity at these events lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• There is nothing enjoyable at Chuck E Cheese cept the beer lol. Sometimes families go there for dinner and want a beer with their pizza. I know when all 4 of us go out, I will have a drink or glass of wine with dinner on occasion. On the whole, its not a big deal.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's for the dads. I know my husband would like to have one. It's not like people are doing shots.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011