My 4 year old and almost 3 year old keep getting up in the middle of the night to sleep on my floor..

I'm not sure what to do about it. They've always slept in their own beds and had no problem. They fall asleep just fine in their own beds but sometime around 3am they both get up and bring their pillows and blanket and fall back asleep on my floor. How can I break this habit??

Tab2

Asked by Tab2 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They like sleeping close to mom. I think that is sweet.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• we have a family bed so we dont have this problem, sounds like your kids are missing you in the night
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Return them to bed. Keep doing this. Reassure them and kiss them goodnight. Tell them thay have to stay there until morning light.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We just let our 4 yr old sleep in our floor, he's happy and I'm not sharing my bed.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i let my boys climb in bed with me in the middle of the night... they fall asleep in their beds perfect every night and then wake up in the middle of the night and come cuddle.. i LOVE it.. i especially love waking up with them:-)))
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011