Do you give a day off?

Do you ever let your kids stay home from school just because, like once in a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• um...isn't that what Saturdays and Sundays are for? LOL
    Anonymous

• My kids love school and this has not come up yet. I would consider it in the future, and I teach. I took a day off from my job to attend a field trip with my oldest. It was fun!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Everyday ;) We homeschool so they're always home. We make it so there's no school on our birthdays...or we'll take a day off when we get tired and make the day up on a weekend day later on...no biggie!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes i do i let them stay home on their birthdays every year if it lands on a week day.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• When they grow up and get jobs....they could loose a job playing hookie!. It could be habit forming and lead to trouble. Do I wish I could do that for them?....you betcha...it would be fun to go somewhere where there's normally a crowd and then not when everyone is at school. But I have to teach by example and that's not responsible...IMO
    Anonymous

• Sounds fun but ~ no. Saturdays and Sundays are our days off.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Anon has her panties in a bunch! I don't suppose you've ever skipped a day or work or school for something other than illness or important appointment? To each their own :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think b-days are ok, but if I were to do that on just any day it would be for educational purpose like going to a museum or something, that they cant go to on a weekend but would be good for them educational wise.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 5:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My daughters were good in school and hardly ever ever missed a day. When they got in high school, I never had problems with them going to school. So in HS, I told them they could take the day before winter vacation and the last day of school..LOL, they never took it..
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Reneek3....Panties in a bunch? How High School. I gave my answer....so sorry YOU didn't like it. It wasn't YOUR question. My neighbor just got summoned to court because her son keeps skipping ~ that's why I answered the way I did.
    Anonymous