My Son has a bad cough at night...

He is 4 months old and just got over the flu about 2 weeks ago. The Dr. said the cough would stick around at least another week after he was well. And the last couple days his little cough has gotten pretty nasty. At night its awful. No fever. No fussiness. Is this a reason to take him in? Or am i overreacting?

jnhill

Asked by jnhill at 9:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just b/c he is so young i would call the nurse at ur doctors office and see what they suggest. My son had a bad cough that lasted a long time really bad at night no other symptoms so my mom told me to put vicks vapor rub on his feet and then put socks on him (i would just do this at night) It worked wonders and he stopped coughing
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 9:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes, i would take him in. If there is any shortness of breath, wheezing, or turning blue-ish, take him to the ER.My son got "croup" a couple times, after a bad cold.a natural remedy to help the cough at night would be a vaporizor.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Take him. A constant cough is a symptom of asthma!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It is Croup. It can be serious sometimes. Keep a cool mist humidifier running. Call the DR.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011