What would you think If your man said this to you....

"IF YOU DO SOMETHING WHY I AM GONE I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU AT ALL" Let me explain so your not confused he has been incarecrated since August of last year and I chose to stick by him but he constantly accusing and asking if I am cheating on him and then he tells me "IF YOU DO SOMETHING WHY I AM GONE I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU AT ALL" I took it kind of as a threat I am not cheating I have been nothing but faithful I pay for his attorney,commisary, phone calls, & gas to go up and see him Ladies what would you have said or thought about this statement NO BASHING

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd tell him this: "look,i know you're in a stressfull situation and the guys in there probably just tell you the most common story of all-while you're in jail the woman goes crazy- but you gotta believe me i'm nothing but faithful to you! I pay for your attorney,commissary,phone calls etc.. now if you choose to keep accusing me i don't see why i should keep supporting you in your situation when you cant support me in mine. It is not easy for me either!"
    Now, the first part sounds cheesy but i'd say it just to make him feel like you understand him and dont judge him...you gotta treat them men like little kids sometimes! lol Honsetly, in real life i'd add some curse words in there but since he's incarcerated and the time on the phone is valuable i would avoid them since they most likely just start an arguement.
    Good luck!
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i would have said " i didnt put your ass in there you did and i have been nothing but faithful to you and paid for all of this crap but if you want to keep accusing me than i am not going to have anything to do with you at all."
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Wow, he's got nerve. What about the fact that he did something wrong (he's incarcerated, isn't he?) yet you stood by him? He's obviously very insecure, and very jealous - nothing good can come of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would think there is lack of trust in this relationship, and he is just making sure what would happen if you do stray.

Answer by older at 9:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would be very offended. He needs to grow up. Are you sure you want to be with him? When he gets out, will you be able to just relax? Think about this one. I think he has some scary issues.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• both of the above answers
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would have been extremely pissed especially after supporting him through an incarceration!  He obviously has trust issues.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• He sounds insecure and jealous. He also doesn't sound very appreciative of everything you're doing for him. Why would you be doing anything for him if you didn't intend on staying with him? Truthfully, I'd be worried about how he's going to act when he gets out of jail. I had a friend whose SO was sent to jail (assault). She sent him money, wrote to him, visited him - he acted the same way toward her. When he got out she saw him once (when she picked him up), and then he left her for someone else that he'd also been writing to (and had been sending him money.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think he is trying to intimidate you and say he will leave if you cheat, but he is doing it in a way that is controlling. I think you need to move on. This is a one sided relationship and you have no way of knowing if he will change when he is out. You cant make him change, you cant love him enough to convince him to change. When he gets out it will be a hard road for him with finding a job and being able to even take care of himself..I think you should consider your life..maybe not even finding another man just enjoying your life without him while you have time away from him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would think he is feeling vulnerable, weak and needs reassurance.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2011