Any ideas to settle a dodgy tummy? It's my birthday tomorrow and my kids have bought me a buffet meal! :( adult content

Okay, so all of today and yesterday I've had somewhat of a dodgy stomach. Just a bit of a diarrhoea and my stomach just feeling all gloopy. It's quite unpredictable and just comes on here and there as a basic desperate need to go or feeling very very sick. Is there anything that will settle it that you can recommend? My children got home from school early today and then went to 'conference' together and announced I was going to be getting a buffet lunch tomorrow courtesy of them and my parents. I'm very excited because I actually do love it and didn't expect them to get me anything! (they're always more thoughtful than me!) but I really do need some tips to settle my stomach. I want to show them how much fun I'm having and I want to enjoy it! It's been ages since I've been out somewhere to just enjoy some good food!

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 9:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• - Lemon tea with honey and ginger juice can provide immediate relief from an upset stomach.
    - Onion Juice – When the pain is due to indigestion, a good remedy is onion juice mixed with black pepper and honey.
    - Ginger Juice – If you have stomach ache with diarrhea, you can try applying ginger juice directly onto the abdominal area, and particularly to the belly button. Ginger is a very effective herb, and helps in the general functioning of the stomach. Ginger aids greatly in the digestive process: you can eat a few chunks of fresh ginger before each meal, or make the ginger up into a tea in order for it to work quickly.
    - Water – Drinking large amounts of water is a good natural remedy for curing and preventing stomach ache. This aids proper bowel movement, thereby avoiding the chances of getting stomach problems.
    - Yogurt aids the digestion of food, so try to eat this daily.
    - Dissolving ground cinnamon in warm water
    lynn.cox22

Answer by lynn.cox22 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• The BRAT diet for today which is B-bananas, R-rice, A-applesauce, t-toast. This is ususlly prescribed for tummy trouble and diarrhea. Hope you get to feeling better. It sucks being sick on your birthday. Oh and HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Take some pepto bismol. That will make your tummy feel better.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• pepto bismol ... and try to eat light today
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• - Dissolving ground cinnamon in warm water creates a drink that will help to reduce flatulence or diarrhea.

- Chamomile and peppermint
    These two herbs are great natural remedies for the cure of stomach ache. They work with each other in order to ease a distressed stomach, and to stop stomach spasms. – Green Vegetables – Leafy or green vegetables also ensure an easy bowel movement. It is a good idea to avoid caffeine, smoking, spicy food and alcohol in order to ensure good health.

These are remedies my Grandmother uses... works everytime!
    lynn.cox22

Answer by lynn.cox22 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• peppermint tea along with your meal and crackers in between
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011