Do you think marriage is hard or easy?

How long have you been married?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been married (this time) for 6.5 years. It's easy - we love and respect each other and want the same things. It never feels like "work" if you are with someone who love.

My last marriage (13 years) was a constant struggle for me.

It depends on who you marry :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've been married going on 4 years, been with him for a little over 7...I wouldn't say it was hard, but it takes work. I love being married and wouldn't change it for the world...Any good marriage takes hard work.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've been married for 10 years (11 in May) and it's neither hard or easy. It's just challenging sometimes and rewarding other times.  It all depends on the couple thought.  My dh is very hard to read sometimes and he rarely opens up.  But I on the other hand am like an open book and I speak my mind.  I accept him and try not to change who he is.  But the best advice I was given was never go to bed angry.  I'm a firm believer in that.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It is a little of both. I have been married 7 years. We love each other very much but there are items our relation ship requires some 'work' we fight at times or have to come to a compromise over one thing or another but it is what it is. IMO nothing come with out some amount of work. It's all about perspective. If the work is daunting and tiresome then you are not with the right person.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Though we aren't married it sure feels like it. We have been together for over 8 years and any good relationship does take some work, but it seem easy at the same time. Lets just say that if I didn't want to put in the work I wouldn't want to be here.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think it depends entirely on what you create! Of course there is work involved, and hardships can come, but MARRIAGE itself is what you create it to be. If it's hard, then it is often because of pride, selfishness, and ineffective communication...on at least one partner's end. Marriage never will work with only one person participating...so I guess if you were the only person participating it really would be hard, but it wouldn't be a marriage either.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• ive been married for 4 years.. hes a good man but there are days i would like to smother him .. lool jkjk ... its alot of work..
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• ive only been married for 2 years in april of this year so i cant really answer thoroughly. so far it has been hard but weve had a lot more stress on our plate than most couples. at the end of the day though were still very much in love and that has never changed. if it werent for all the stress in the way, it would be much easier, but it does put strain sometimes. weve known eachother for almost 10 years now so were also great friends, which is important.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've been married 3 years - and this is SO much easier than my previous 12 year marriage which was hard from the beginning! I totally think it depends on who you marry.

Answer by missanc at 9:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My first marrieage lasted 29 years-it was hard at times and interesting at times, but seldom easy. We loved each other, and never considered parting, but there were always financial difficulties and he was bi-polar, so difficult to live with. I re-married. Life has been so easy. No financial problems now, and he is a very easy man to live with. Very considerate and caring. Most marriages go through ups and downs, and sometimes the downs are very difficult, but if you can be patient and wait for the up times, it can be well worth it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2011