• In the Spotlight:

What was the most fantastic deal you got at a garage sale or thrift store?

This time lets limit it to clothes and accessories.
One of my garage sale friends got a Coach bag nwt for $2.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I got a pair of UGG boots for my granddaughter for 50 cents. (new and in a box)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I got a hand made childrens size quilt for 4.55. I felt so bad though. Who ever made it I am sure thought it would stay int he family...We take good care of it though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I got a nwt(but the price was ripped off) Stage purse for my MIL at our local Goodwill for $4.00. I know nothing about handbags and prices, I just thought it was nice looking. She flipped when I gave it to her! haha
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I got a Juisy couture velour set for 11 dollars on e bay with free shipping. The lady told me she needed cash asap and did not care how cheap she sold stuff for even though it was a real Juicy outfit. The best part was that she had a typo which read that it was jumpsuit and was in the wrong category on e bay so I lucked with a brand new dark red JC and no one else bid on it.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• When people put out their trash and stuff they don't want like new like furniture and tables and a huge china cabinet,i take them. I go junking! I furnished my living room and kitchen with stuff I got for free. It is amazing that people get rid of brand new furniture without anything wrong with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I got a vintage cashmere trench for 50 cents...the woman had no idea what she had and didn't think anyone would want the coat because it was missing a button...heck I can replace a button lol
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I forgot about the jeans....I got a pair of "Silver" brand jeans(hadn't heard of them before) yesterday at Goodwill for $3. They look brand new and fit PERFECT!! I just looked them up and they are about $60 new. I love Goodwill! lol
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I got an antique wash stand for free from Freecycle. It's beautiful but needs some TLC.

It looks like this but the tile is different:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Art-nouveau-Edwardian-antique-tiled-wash-stand-/290532559673?pt=UK_Antiques_Architecural_RL&hash=item43a5170b39

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I resell my finds on ebay....I once bought a Ralph Lauren Tank Dress for $3....I sold it for $55
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2011