Induction 6 days early?

I'm just wondering how to get my doc to induce me? I know natural is best but my mom works out of the country and I am soooo afraid she won't be here when I go into labor. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor they might do it. my friend was induced early because her husband was home from Iraq. just talk to your doc.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 3:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If your doc supports your decision, then s/he will do it. Otherwise, think about what's best for the baby. You'll get over your Mom not being around, but having a sick baby would be MUCH worse.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Its six days what could be wrong. But like PP said you will get iver your mom not being there. My mom moved to Colorado 3m before I had my dd and she wasnt there when she was born as a matter of fact non of MY family was. I was so upset then but i did "get over it" i guess. But If you talk to your dr. they might do it like i said its only 6days.
    Anonymous

• I dont see how your mother makes up for he risks involved with induction??? Seriously, look into induction, the risks, etc.. then think about 'making' your doc inducing you.

They wont do it unless you are overdue or having complications for a reason... it isnt as safe as you think....
    Anonymous

• ohhh blahh..
    if your ready to POP...
    ASK THEM TO INDUCE YOU MANY PEOPLE GET INDUCED.

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• ANON GET OVER THE 42 WEEKS, AND SMACK YOURSELF
    Anonymous

• I've understood "full term" to be anything after 38 weeks. Ask your doc. I would want my mom to be there during the birth! I was induced at 38 weeks and my son had no complications.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was induced, it was a little painful but labor is pain! So, do what you need to do and ask the doc
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have been counting on my Mom to be my lactation coach etc. She is a flight attendant and does all military charters taking troops over-seas etc. It could take her 27 hours to get here. I don't see why it would be different than if my water broke today and they had to induce me. I'm 37 weeks right now. I just want to know if there are any keys points I should bring up. Thanks for all the support those of you who understand...
    Anonymous

• anon 3:41 again

I understand you wanting her to be there. But there is one thing you have to understand. I have been through and read a lot of comments on this. My water broke at 34ks. they let me sit for 24hrs on antibiotics, then gave me pitocin for 24hrs, then i sat for another 15hrs all of which i was contracting every few min, with the pitocin and after they were every 1-2 min. I ended up having a c-sec. I have read that happened to alot of women after being induced. So I think you need to think about that when you make your decision. Some women are set agaist have a c-sec. I just thought I would let you know.
    Anonymous