Will someone please explain whats going on in Egypt. I tried googling but im still confused.

I hope I don't offend any one by the category I placed the question. I was unsure what category to pick. Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well the Egyptian people want the current leader gone since he had been the leader for 30 years and they don't like him. And they have been rioting until he leaves. Well he's stepping down but not leaving and the people are mad because they want him gone.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/egypt-mubarak-leaves-cairo-protesters-demand-resignation/story?id=12891572

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Probably should be in the "politics" section. But, doesn't bother me in this one. I don't have the full story for you. But, part of the issue is the people are tired of watching their president living high on the hog while they are struggling to survive. The president has been found to have more palaces than you can count on both your hands, which is the least of it, of course. My grandparents & I used to live there. This disturbs us greatly. My G'pa says that greed has gotten the best of Mubarak (much like Bush) & the people as a whole are suffering from it. The difference is, the people are doing something about it. Whether we think it is right or wrong, they are letting their leader know that they won't stand for it any longer.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011