Bag sign for your relationship..... No this can't be right, can it?

Dh and I both forgot our anniversary. It came and went (it was the 1st of feb.). Honestly we both have had a lot on our minds. I completely forgot about valentines altogether until the kids handed me a piece of paper i needed to sign for their parties yesterday.

Anyway my mom says its a bad sign that we forgot. I don't like to take relationship advice from my mom. Her relationships are tragic.

So what do you all think? Bad sign because we forgot?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, you both forgot, which means that you both were really busy. I would think it would be more of a sign if only one of you forgot.

DH and I don't do Valentines and the only reason it is ever on the radar is that it is my mom's birthday (and it was her parents' anniversary.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Sad...but I don't typically believe in omens/signs. Anyway, it's never too late to take a moment to celebrate! It's the weekend. Go have dinner, or put the kids to bed early and make a special candlelight dinner at home and then dance together for a little bit.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Nope, not a bad sign.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Nope, my husband and I have had the same issue! haha My MIL had to point out to us both WHEN our was last year. We couldn't remember the date!! If things are fine between the 2 of you, don't woory about it!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Not a bad sign. You probably do not need dates to make your relationship special. (Boy, does that sound good.)
    You have all month to make February a tribute to your love.
    Get into it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Nah
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I would love to go out. But seeing has how I have a nice 2nd degree burn on my thigh... i'd rather stay in.

like i said guess we both just have way to much on our minds
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Not really, I almost forgot our anniversary one year because I as so busy.  Just take it as a wake up call that you are over doing it a bit and need to slow down and reflect on yor life.  Maybe and excuse to take a vacation {[shrugs}}.  Hope you have a good Valentine's Day don't forget it's Monday...lol...j/j

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• NOT A BAD SIGN... honestly me and my SO forgot about V Day and our Anniversary that was on Feb 4th... we are both in the military (which both of us are getting ready for deployments) and my 6 year old in in Karate 3 times a week and my 3 year old is in Ballet 4 times a week...
    We both love each other very much... are relationship is strong even though we are really really busy... shoot some times we forget about dinner until the kids are like we are hungry...me and daddy are just very very busy... things like this happens especially now a days with how fast pace everything is...

I say have a night out with him this weekend... go see a move... and if money is tight make his favorite dinner and rent a movie and share some pop corn (or his favorite treat)... and maybe wear something cute for him in the bedroom and just make the night romantic!
    lynn.cox22

Answer by lynn.cox22 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No, its not a bad sign, its just a sign that you're both busy.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 10:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011