ANNOUNCEMENT to backyard Neighbors!!!!!!!! VENTING!!!!

If you live where your backyards back up to each other, PLEASE be considerate & Turn off your backyard spotlights when not needed so they don't shine into your nice neighbors bedrooms at night!!! Thank you! Whew, I feel better now. It is against town law but I really don't want to have to complain to you or the town so do the right thing, have consideration & lets all get along nicely! Thanks for listening to this vent! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Ahhahahahahahahahahahaha! We must have the same neighbors!!! My husband swears he's going to chuck a rock out the window one night and bust their light.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• had the same problem.
    choice #1...rock
    choice #2...ask them to move the spotlight onto their own damn house

i did number #2, nicley and they did move the spotlight. but secretly wish i'd have done #1, just becasue they are horrible neighbors anyway
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Shew for a minute I thought you were MY backyard neighbor, lol. Our motion sensored spotlght was on all night the other night for some reason. I remember seeing it on before I went to bed and assumed it was because of the stray cats that sit out on my pool deck at night (because my next door neighbor feeds them), then I realized when I got up in the morning that it had stayed on all night. We had to flip all the breakers to find the one that would turn it off and reset the sensor. Fortunaitely your description of the trees doesn't describe MY backyard neighbor.......

I feel bad that ours does come on often (for brief amounts of time), but if the stupid neighbor next door would stop feeding the strays, they wouldn't be in my backyard setting off the motion sensor. I hate to have to call animal control to come pick up the cats, but they aren't mine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I feel your pain...the house we finally moved away from last year had the most inconsiderate neighbors right next door. They'd go out of town and leave their dog there (someone would come feed it during the day) and the dog would go out the doggie door and stand in the backyard barking ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I wanted to shoot it, and I'm a freaking animal lover. It was that bad.
    Have you put up any light-blocking window treatments?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• do they know the light is on? I forget my back light is on all the time! So maybe just go over after its dark, like 6 ish and ask if they know their light is on and to please turn it off at about 9. They might not even know its still on
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We have an alley separating the yards but,I keep mine on because it is a security thing. Our house and property have been vandalized before.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Have you thought about asking them?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes, they know it is on. It goes on at around 7pm & gets turned off at around 3am when one of them goes to work! I planted tall trees so in the summer it's not a problem but in the winter, I feel like I'm on stage in my bedroom! LOL! Besides in this economy who has money to waste on electricity??

ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2011