Cheese

I had a block of chedder that I couldn't use so I froze it. Now I need it. Do you think it's still good? I've never frozen and defrosted cheese. Silly question I know.

Joemansmommy

Asked by Joemansmommy at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i dunno, but most cheese is good for a long time if you don't open the package. just for future refernce ;-)
    as for your cheese now, defrost it and have a bite, even if it's not useable, it won't kill you to try it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• As far as I know, it should be just fine.. Cheese gets crumbley when you freeze & defrost it though.. so it'll be hard slicing it!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yeah it fine i do it all the time i get cheese and i dont all ways use it right away when i know im going to use it i just take it out of my freezer and then let it defrost in the refridgerater
    Anonymous

• It will be fine..but it may be a bit dry. Just grate it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008