Rape T-Shirts?

What do you think of rape t-shirts? For those that don't know, they are just t-shirts that say something like "I was raped". It is supposed to be a way of bringing it to light and out of the dark and bring it to the attention of others that rape can happen to anyone. If you were raped, would you wear one?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No way!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No!!! I would not want to advertise it!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• wow no. Not that the rape victim should be ashamed of it but wow.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• IMO that is is uncalled for and ridiculous.No I would not want to air that to the public.Idk ..I fail to see the real point other then exposing ones own very personal business.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I understand bringing light onto the subject, but i think the t-shirts will miss the mark of it's good intention and become a joke, making the subject more embarrassing and uneducated.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't wear it. I agree that calling attention to the problem is a good thing, but it's a private issue to be dealt with. If you want to help, volunteer at a shelter or speak in a support group.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No. I don't think people that were raped want everyone that sees them to know, I don't think they would want to be constantly reminded about it
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I say good for them. Being raped is still seen as something that a woman should be ashamed of. She's a victim of a crime and people still will tell her that she somehow asked for it. And that's bull. If that helps them heal or opens a dialogue with someone else about it... fantastic.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• yea and i'll invite the film crew to my house and give them a play by play of what happene so they can put it on the local news.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• oh gosh no.... I totally believe the issue should be addressed however this is a lil much IMO
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011