Do I really need a bathtub?

My son is almost 2 and loves his baths but I found an amazing deal on a rental house with a yard. wIt is small but it will only be lil man and me. Would he make me a horrible person to try and get it because there is a only a walk in shower?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If it's affordable and has everything else you need, go for it! I bet your little man will get used to the shower soon enough.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I dont think it's horrible... I had my older son shower pretty early and he was fine. Just get him a little pool during the summer to he can splash around.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• my three year old loves taking showers. start him on the shower thing now to get used to it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• no your son will be fine.. my kids takes showers only and theyre just fine
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Buy one of the inflatable child tubs if he really likes baths.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My DD loves to bathe, so there is no way I could do that. Hell I love to bathe. If you think your son will do fine with showers from here on out, go for it. Has he ever BEEN in the shower? My DD has from time to time, but prefers the bath. She tells me no to the shower a lot, and she's 4.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• he isn't a fan of the shower.... so maybe like crafttingMama said I could get an inflatable tub... where is a good place to look?
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• What I would do is try just showering him. If he completely freaks out (some children do) - then you can reassess the situation. Because while you can get a small inflatable pool - do you really want to haul it in and out of the shower just to bathe him.

Good Luck!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I say go for it & do what CraftingMama suggested with the inflatable child tub! Great idea & put it in the shower. Get a shower massage type shower head to fill it easily.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My dd is also 2, and we don't have a bath tub. I just bought a small childs bath tub and put it in the shower when she want to take a bath, I just fill it up by running the shower and putting the tub under it.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011