What kind of car?

I love my car(2005 Ford Freestyle), but this winter it's handling has been less then good. I've been thinking about a SUV type type car/truck. So far I've looked at Chevy Tahoe's, Toyota Highlander's and Jeep Commander's. I really love the Jeep but the gas mileage isn't very good. The Tahoe's are nice but I'm not in love with it, and the Toyota's....well they just cost more than what I want to spend. Any advise?

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 10:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Go to edmunds.com for car reviews. They review all vehicles, including price & people post their opinions/reviews. They offer all categories of cars. That's what I have always done. GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm sorry but I would not buy anything from Toyota after all the recalls they've had and continue to have! I drive a Nissan Frontier, but it only seats 5 so wouldn't work for you. Have you looked at the Nissan Armada? I'm not sure how many it seats though. Are you against driving a minivan? In my opinion, the Nissan Quest is the best looking minivan there is, although I don't care much for minivans. *Disclaimer: I will admit, I may be a little biased since my dh works at the factory! lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have to have 6 passenger seating....lol
    how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I only need four :) DH's car only has 4 seat belts. He has a Mazda MX3. We both have small coupes.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I LOVE my Toyota FJ Cruiser -- Get's great gas mileage (about 20) and is a lot cheaper on my insurance than my former vehicle (H3). This is a great family car -- you can even hose out the floorboard for ALL those spills and messes your sure to get!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Don't go with Jeep, the mileage just gets worse over time. How about a Mazda CX-9? A friend of mine has one, and it's great. 7 seats, good mileage.
    Luvnlife4

Answer by Luvnlife4 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Toyota and Honda make great vehicles.

Have you considered a Honda Pilot?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have a Bravada and love it! gas mileage is average. could be better could be worse. 2 bucket seats in the front and 3 seat belts in back. oops i guess it wouldn't do for you, you need six. but it has a big hauling area in the back for groceries, laundry, pets, etc it is front wheel drive so it does great in bad weather.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I really like my Hyundai Santa Fe. When I fold down the seats I can even use it to haul furniture. I live in a cold climate and it handles well in ice and snow. It's AWD, but I can even lock the AWD or drive it as a standard transmission when I need extra traction.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 10:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Mazda and Honda don't have much leg room in the back row seats or storage space and 20mpg isn't good...lol I get about 32 city with my car but I really want a SUV. We have a Jeep Wrangler now and have had it FOREVER!!! It still runs great, that's why I was looking into Jeep's
    how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011