Tax Return- Direct Deposit

I filed my taxes on Feb. 2 and was told on the website that my refund would be direct deposited on Feb. 11.. Well, I have called the bank and nothing has been deposited and nothing is pending... Has anyone else done direct deposit and received it on time in the state of GA?

ProudMommie87

Asked by ProudMommie87 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am in VA and mine is not yet in either. Mine was supposed to be in today also.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't worry too much, it can take up to 3 weeks depending on how many returns have to be processed at that time. You are given an estimated date. My state refund was given a date of Feb 22 and I got it yesterday.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I live in TX & have done it this way for years without issue. With the exception of 1 year. If there is any - and I mean ANY - issue (in their eyes) with the return, deposit will be delayed. Mine happened to be a name difference when I got divorced. They didn't bother to contact me to tell me why I hadn't received it. I had to call to find out. If you feel there is no issue with your return, I wouldn't panic just yet. Even with electronic filings & deposits, the date is an approximate date. Today isn't over yet. Although your bank doesn't show it coming in yet, it doesn't mean it won't happen. Being electronic, the IRS can "push that button" at any point in the day. I'd give it till this evening. I would even give it a couple of days into next week before I got worried. If it hasn't been rec'd by then, you can always go to IRS.gov & check the status of your return. Then, you can call them.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thanks! I am not too worried, but a couple of other people I talked to that was suppose to receive theirs last week, still haven't got theirs. I just wandered if something was going on with them. Again thanks for the comments!
    ProudMommie87

Comment by ProudMommie87 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If you itemized deductions, the IRS won't even start processing them until Monday.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 11:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• If you itemize OR took the property tax deduction they won't start processing them until the 14th. We filed weeks ago.....we were informed at that time that it would not be processed by the IRS until 2/14 because of recent law expirations.

MrsDavid

Answer by MrsDavid at 5:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011