If you are a "cusser" what made you decide to be one? If you are not a "cusser" what made you choose not to be?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 10:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am mostly not a cusser.about the only time i do is a slip, like when i get hurt. I was raised it is disrespectful to yourself and others. I absolutely can't stand to hear people cussing in public. I think cussing makes a person sound uneducated, lazy, skanky, and low class. We even don't allow some non-curse words in our house like: hate, stupid, crap, and so on. I tell my son that there are more appropriate, educated words to use in place of those words.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm generally not a cusser, I was raised that it was extremely rude and would get punished if my parents ever heard me say a bad word (even tho my father cused like a sailor, lol). Even now into my late 20's I rarely cuss simply because I think it sounds rather ugly when a woman does it and I'd hate to have my DD repeating it once she gets older.
    JMCorbin84

Answer by JMCorbin84 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well.....I don't think most people ''decide" to be cussers. I think it depends more on your environment. My neighbor is really religious and in the summers when my sister comes over....she always manages to curse when my neighbor is outside....so embarrassing. She has major potty mouth. I generally don't curse, but sometimes when I hurt myself it almost slips out....so I end up saying Motherlover. Most of the time when I'm super frustrated, I just say "Oh for crying out loud!!"
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I used to be a 'cusser' think simply out of frustration and lack of vocabulary or knowledge not to be. I still use explicatives, however they are 'silly' words. For instance, I say , 'oh pickles!' A LOT....what made me make the change? Little ears hear everything!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My parents never cussed, and as children we were not allowed to so even to this day, if I "try" to cuss it sounds really weird coming out of my mouth. I think it sounds extremely vulgar coming out of a woman's mouth, and I think that a man cussing around me shows a lack of respect.

Answer by missanc at 11:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I didn't decide to be one. It just happened..and when I was in 5th grade. lol. I'm pretty tame these days, especially in front of my Son..but when my Husband and I play Our video games - WATCH OUT! haha.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I hardly ever cuss, the only time I find myself even thinking cuss words is in very high stress situations. My older daughter has noticed that the only time she ever hears me cuss is when my MIL is here for extended visits. I hadn't noticed, but she's right, that's the one person that really drives me insane.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have my own made up words that I use. I find that to be more creative. I don't mind people who curse, in general, but I do mind those that have no respect for children.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I swear, but generally only when I am trying to emphasize a point.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Haha @ liteofmine! My little girl says "Oh pickles!" too! I have no idea where she got it, but it has always cracked us up!
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011