Things you hate about your children's schools?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 10:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in

• I don't know if I necessarily hate it, but at my daughter's kindergarten they're learning things that she learned in preschool and I feel bad because I don't want her to get left behind so I do some homeschooling. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of choices for kinder schools here, so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing till I can get her into a nice 1st grade class.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My daughter's pre-school uses any excuse under the sun to close early or for the day!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My kids have been attending the schools in this area since 2003. The elementary school has a new principle who was the VP at the middle school. The principle there was fired and relocated because he ran the middle school into the ground. He treated the kids horrible. Anyway now his VP is running the elementary and she treats the parents like dirt. We have a sitting area where parents always sit and wait for their kids after school, or go in to meet with teachers. She has made if off limits and wont let us wait for the kids inside anymore.

Answer by gemgem at 10:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have been very happy with my DD's pre school. I am sad that open house is during the day and not in the evening. My DH works, and was really wanting to be able to attend an open house. They are usually at night.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I HATE the pick-up/drop off at the middle school-- it is on a 1 way road and you are SUPPOSED to use the right lane to drop-off and then pull into the left lane once you dropped off. BUT there are many morons who will zip by in the left lane and then when they get up in front of the school try to cut into the right lane... or they will stop in the left lane (thus blocking the right lane exiters) to let kids out! GRRR!

I HATE that our high school has a lot of 'negative influences' (gang members, lowlifes, trash) that go there. Too bad they can't weed out the 'undesireables' and give them their own reform school to go to and not put them in with decent kids!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• The school principals are such enablers. They don't make the parents be parents. They give kids new coats, shoes, backpacks, etc. They open the doors at 6:30 a.m. so parents don't have to pay a sitter. If a parent whines enough a kid can stay at school even with a fever. It has gotten ridiculous.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

Next question in
5.Did you know?

Next question overall (General Parenting)
Alcohol breath??