Fun Cutesy V-day ideas for Family

Our son is 3 and he doesnt like to color ( we try weekly and can't get him to sit and do it for long and he has zero interest in it ) I am looking for us to MAKE something cute and fun for grandparents gifts - they recently got his 3 year pictures 2 weeks ago so I don't really want to do a picture craft.. any ideas of what we could make?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• At most craft stores and some department stores they sell the wooden shapes. This time of year the hearts are common to find. I would suggest doing this outside so there is no inside hard to clean mess. lay out an old sheet or towel and put the heart on it. Make sure to get paints that are safe for kids. No brushes, just hands. Grandparents love getting gifts with a grandchild's hand print on it. Use light colors first for him to cover the heart, let it dry a bit, then have him use a dark color on the heart and help him make hand prints in the middle of it. After it is fully dry have him help you write I love you, or happy valentines day on it with a marker. :-)
    ciarradivinity

Answer by ciarradivinity at 11:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• are you on facebook? if so search make and takes. really cute ideas!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 3:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Make some note cards with IOU's on them like I owe you one car wash or one hug or you will do the dishes free for a week. Got the idea and they will like the gift and you had no cost for it, children could give these gifts too
    frugalcoupons

Answer by frugalcoupons at 12:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011