Egypt's President Steps Down.

What now??

Breaking news said that he's handed power to a "High Military Counsel"..... what do you think that means and where do you think Egypt goes from here?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 11:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm watching it on tv now. Not sure what will happen but I guess we'll see.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Again. LOL Who knows. Personally I don't think they will have freedom and prosperity. I hope they get what they expected
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• He handed power over to his VP yesterday and fled Cairo to his "resort home." What does this mean for Egypt? Shit nothing. Corrupt people are still in power.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

Me too steph, but I have a feeling they are jumping from the frying pan into the fire. But I hope I am wrong.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm glad they are happy after more than 2 weeks of protest.  =]

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• The Egyptian people trust the military. I have several friends on facebook from Egypt and they seem happy about it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

•  

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• From what I have read, this is (by most definitions) more of a military coup... They have a long way to go... I hope the people get what they really want... This is only the beginning what will come ahead....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• There's certainly been some tense times during this, but overall I think it's been a good demonstration of what the voice of the people can achieve if united, in the right and persistent. I think they have a long way to go as a country and a people, but I think we can take a lesson from them -- metaphorically of course. The violence should never have happened, but the *gist of it all does prove how far the people themselves are willing to go to take their lives back. I applaud them for that.

I also wonder if we Americans could or would be so strong, have the stamina and put it all on the line like that to correct our own government. And I do admit that I find the spirit of their people inspiring.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• And I do admit that I find the spirit of their people inspiring.

Me too Shelby! I am very happy for the Egyptian people.

♪♫ Aaay oooh wheeeey ooooh, aaay oooh wheeey ooooh♪♫
    ♪♫ Walk like an Egyptiaaaan ♪♫
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011